I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Monday, August 8, 2011

crazy life update

Yes, things have been crazy lately.  I'm just grateful all the craziness comes in terms of "lots of stuff that have to be done NOW" as opposed to anything tragic or sad.  Nope.  I moved into a new apartment this weekend.  It was in the same complex but in a quieter section away from the noisy-messy-rude college kids (man, don't get me started!).  Since it was in the same complex, and I lack what could be called traditional furniture, I had the brilliant idea to schlep everything from the one building to the other primarily by myself.  By hand.  Do you know how many books I own??? I have to think I was on something when I came up with this little scheme.

Amazingly enough, though, it worked!  I moved my entire apartment, cleaned up the old one and got my new one into cozy livability in one weekend.  In the meantime I ache in places I didn't know I could and I feel like I hiked up Mt. Wasson, oh, maybe two or three times in one day.  I wish I had kept track of my mileage and how much weight I lugged.  It would have been neat to see how many calories I burned.  Did I mention that I'm upstairs, again, so there were two flights of stairs to traverse on every trip?  Crazy!

Will pitched in on a bunch of the heavier stuff which was desperately appreciated, especially when it came time to move my antique Chinese desk.  It's beautiful, with deep relief carvings on all sides and the back of the matching chair.  It's not particularly heavy once you've got the drawers out, but its awkward and it causes me anxiety to imagine the reliefs getting chipped or damaged in any way.  I will have to post a pic and share its loveliness!  Time to bust out the camera and get my lazy blogging butt back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment