I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back to the vintage stuff!

Ok, ok, I realize that I've gone perhaps a little overboard with the outdoors blogs when, after all, the title of my little slice of the blogosphere is "Retro-fy me."  But I've been having so much fun hitting the hiking trails over the past few weeks and have snapped such fun pictures that I couldn't help myself!

Having said that, I want to get back to some vintage-themed blog posts.  I've been watching a bunch of old films these last few weeks and snagged some great albums to review.  I have had to reorganize my vintage jewelry now that my hair is finally back to it's original ash blonde (consequently all the orange stuff I used to wear now clashes horribly but pink, pearls and rhinestones are my new best friends!) not to mention purchasing new clothes for work now that the Old Pueblo is starting to warm up a little.

 But perhaps the biggest and most exciting news of all is that I've bought a ukulele!

Image seen at seagoat musings on blogspot.
Image seen at seagoat musings on blogspot.
Image seen at geschicte der ukulele
The tiny instrument came with a piece of paper with maybe a dozen chords on it so I busted out my music notes and constructed my own chord chart for it.  It sounds really good, especially with some old standards, like some of the songs of Peggy Lee.  Stay posted for an online performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment