I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Marilyn Monroe haircut

I went in to get my hair cut about a week ago.  I went to see Julieta at the El Rio Barber Shop (you can find directions here.)  Here is the picture I showed her:
Image originally seen at GreatHairStyleTips.com
I really like how it came out!  I was a little worried that it would be too short but now I'm thinking that the next time I go in I'm going to ask for another inch or so off.  It's a snap to style too!  I spend no more than maybe five to ten minutes with a big barreled curling iron and a quick spritz of hairspray and I'm good to go!  I'm tempted to lighten my hair just a tad since my roots are coming out lighter than the rest of my hair, but I'm really satisfied with this style!

I can't talk my hairdresser up enough!  Julieta did an amazing job and was such a pleasant stylist to work with!  Don't let the shops title of barber shop confuse you: they typically have at least two women stylists on staff who are more than happy to work on the ladies!  The prices are really reasonable, actually cheap when you consider the high quality of the work these ladies do.  And there are at least three barbers on staff at all times for the gents.  Will has gone in for a cut many times and swears by them.  So if you are in the west end of Tucson, stop in and get a cut!  You'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I think this style is so flattering. I am growing out a severe flapper bob/bangs and am thinking this will be a beautiful interim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it! barber

    ReplyDelete