I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Classic Cars! Barrio Hollywood neighborhood street fair

I attended the Barrio Hollywood neighborhood street fair this weekend.  It's not too far from where I live and every year the community gets together and raises money for different projects such as schools in the area and different non-profits that go to help community members.  They have a big outdoor stage that hosts mariachi bands and ballet folklorico groups; dozens of food stalls selling roasted corn, tacos, burritos, fruit cups with chamoy salsa (!), raspados and other delicious treats; carnival rides; and a car show with both vintage and low-riders!  Most of the pictures I hastily took on my cell didn't take, but I had to share these two of my favorite vehicles in the show.
That's Pat's Drive In in the background; if you haven't indulged in their chili dogs and french fries, you haven't lived in Tucson yet.  Make sure you request the spicy chili but be warned that it is an accurate description of what you get!  You can find reviews and a map to get there on Yelp.

For more information on the Barrio Hollywood street fair you can read this article on Zocalo and the neighborhood can be found on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment