I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I thought I would post some late pictures of my lovely Christmas tree.  I found it at Goodwill, decorated it with white lights and ornaments, some from my childhood, others purchased from the St. Mary's Auxiliary Thrift store.  My handmade, stuffed Christmas wreath that is hanging on my door was found at St. Mary's as well.

I love my Christmas decorations. They feel so homey and real to me, unlike the bland, uniform Christmas decorations and ornaments you can buy just about everywhere.


We didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up.  We made do with what we had and saved our ornaments to use year after year.  The crescent moon ornament above is one my family hung for as long as I can remember. Maybe its the reason why I feel that Christmas needs to feel handmade, salvaged, unique, for it to feel real to me.I really love the baseball Santa ornament.  He looks vintage to me but there aren't any markings to date him.  Stylistically I'd guess the 1960s though.  I gave him to Will because of his love of baseball, but Santa hangs on my tree.

May you all have had a beautiful Christmas filled with friends and family and cheer!  Merry Christmas!

Love,
Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment