I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bathing Beauties

One of the articles that appeared in this month's Zocalo magazine was entitled "Bathing Beauties: The History of the Swimsuit".  It traced the evolution of bathing suits from heavy wool swimming dresses that were worn with hats and full stockings to the one-piece and the earliest bikini (interesting trivia: the bikini was created during WWII to save fabric due to wartime rationing!).
Retro-style bathing suits are coming back into fashion right now.  Here are some great retro-style options to be found online.  Drool away!
Broad Minded Clothing
Pinup Couture
Victoria's Secret
Pinup Couture   
I really, really like the last Marilyn-style swimsuit but I fear the pink would clash with my red hair.  I actually found a suit very similar to the black Pinup Couture suit seen above at Old Navy for super cheap but its not on the website.  I will have to take pictures next time I hit the pool. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment