I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thrift Store Luxury: Elvis Clock

I have great luck when it comes to stumbling across cool things in out-of-the-way places.  I was in Savers (Oracle and Fort Lowell) a few weeks ago looking for some exercise shorts for the gym when I randomly wandered down the knick knack aisle and discovered this great vintage Elvis clock!


It has pictures of Elvis during his Vegas years marking each of the hours, a black center reading "King of Rock and Roll" and a gold frame. 



It was damaged, missing the pictures from the 2 and 6 hour spaces so it was selling for only $3.  I took it home, decoupaged two images from the internet into the missing spaces and reinforced the remaining images with Mod Podge so they wouldn't come loose.  The images I chose were a scene from the film Viva Las Vegas and the cover from the soundtrack for the movie.  And then, because I couldn't control my crafty side, I added black glitter to the frame to balance the play between gold and black throughout the clock.


Now I just need new batteries and a hook for my wall and I have a great vintage treasure for my home!

1 comment:

  1. where did you get that clock from cause it lovely I one want one

    ReplyDelete