I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Friday, July 8, 2011

Retro images

We have a local glossy magazine called Zocalo which is a fairly recent publication but it has great articles on downtown happenings, fashion, music and art.  This month's cover caught my eye.


Apparently this is an actual mid century advertisement created by Tucson tourism officials.  It originally appeared on the cover of "Enjoy Tucson".  I just love that perfectly green lawn which is not usual in today's more eco-conscious landscaping.  And don't you just love her outfit?





The peasant or desert look was popular in the 1950s and you can still find some great vintage patterns online.  And genuine vintage pieces in this style can be found in most of the vintage/costume shops on 4th Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment