I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The end of the red...

Eventually it had to come down to this.  Unfortunately I wasn't born a redhead and the pain of having to go through two weeks of blond roots followed by flushing all kinds of chemicals down my shower drain is getting too depressing to go on.  I've been trying to just let my natural hair grow out, but the ash roots are looking really bad (to me at least; my friends insist it doesn't look bad at all) and the red is stubbornly sticking to my hair despite deliberately trying to get it to fade.

I knew it would come to this.  Next time I want another color I'm buying a wig!

In the meantime I've decided to try something that may potential wreck my hair; I'm going to try to bleach out the red bits and then dye my hair a champagne blonde.  It's the closest match I can get to my original color and I seriously do NOT want to have to deal with roots.  I've heard horror stories about going this route, including the hair just falling out due to damage.  So I'm a little nervous!

Wish me luck!  I will post pics of my newly platinum head *fingers crossed* sometime tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment