I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy. - Marilyn Monroe

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tea time, part 2

All that blogging I did yesterday about tea made me want to hit the local thrift store, just in case there were any other cool cups or pots or what have you that would pop up.  Thrift stores really are some of my favorite places.  Often times, as long as you are patient and have an eye for quality, you can find some really nice treasures amongst all the stuff people throw away.  Some of the most beautiful things I own, be it jewelry or china or clothing, have come from thrift stores.  Growing up poor, they were necessities; they helped my mom stretch the dollars to help make it through the month.  As an adult I appreciate them even more.

Anyway, I've been thinking to myself lately that I really needed to find myself a creamer for my tea.  It makes no sense to brew myself an entire pot and plunk myself down in front of the computer to write or the television to sit and knit, and then have to get up twenty times to get a splash of milk for my teacup.  So when I went browsing yesterday I made sure to check the dinnerware section to see if anything turned up.
The creamer on the left is Avon and matches my teapot for herbal and green teas, down to the tulip embellishing the handle.  The one on the right is Myott out of Straffordshire, England.  I paid about $4.75 for both creamers and now I have some lovely options for drinking my tea!  I also snagged a bottle of Hero Black Cherry Jam which is out of Germany to go with the Irish soda bread I baked last night.  Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment